Exit before second main with -funittest

Brian Tiffin btiffin at gnu.org
Fri Jul 30 22:08:47 UTC 2021

On Friday, 30 July 2021 at 08:26:47 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> On Friday, 30 July 2021 at 05:51:41 UTC, Brian Tiffin wrote:
>
> [... interesting account of the D experience ...]
>
>> **Kudos team and contributors.**
>>
>> Can't really suggest that many improvements to resources
>> needed for learning D, as a hobbyist not on a clock, being new
>> still and low enough to not know what detail interactions
>> might be less approachable.  So far, very approachable.  Not
>> confusing, but tantalizing caves to explore and integrate into
>> knowing about potentials, super powers, and dark corners that
>> may need to be accounted for.
>>
>> And friendly people to pester with random brain train new here
>> questions.
>>
>> Have good, make well, and thanks.
>
> I enjoyed reading all of that.
>
> -- Bastiaan.

Welcome, and thanks.

Need to add something; typo, Getting close to 100 hundreds hours
of reading an twiddling. Should be 100 hours of reading and
twiddling.  ;-)

And a detail that struck me in the night, just past.

Template function definition syntax is a really sweet and easy
invention of syntax.  Generic, native typing becomes a solved
problem.  Feels solved.

Not an expert.  Don't take to C++, never have, even while
watching cfront and Walter having the first** brain to craft a
native compiler. I find the angle bracket source code of C++ hard
to grok at speed.  D, is like a soft cascade flow.

** I'm not sure Walter was first first, or close first, or...
Regardless, an impressive feat.  Thanks, for all the things, if
you read this Walter.

Have good.