wanting to try a GUI toolkit: needing some advice on which one to choose

someone someone at somewhere.com
Tue Jun 1 03:32:50 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 30 May 2021 at 11:10:31 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:

> I'm 100% positive you can do good ui using D, but, I'm not sure
> what I'd choose because of the fragmentation.

Of course you can do a good UI on D, C, C++, Rust, or any other
system programming language. That is not disputed. From my humble
point of view, the problem, seems to be that everybody is
attempting to reinvent gun powder for whatever reasons, many
maybe valid ones, but the lot of them I think not. This left us
(as a community) with those statements that you came across on
any given distro overview/features/wiki page saying something
like: for doing such thing you have a lot of apps; being those
blah blah blah ... and of course, none of them work and/or
accomplish what you want to do because ... a lot of reasons that
doesn't matter here. There are **lots** of really good apps in
the open source world: comes to mind (from what I use) postgreSQL
with its undisputed high quality code/documentation and its
"sane" community, QGIS, etc, but every such statement should have
a footnote more or less in the following terms: let's stop
fooling ourselves.