wanting to try a GUI toolkit: needing some advice on which one to choose

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 05:43:49 UTC 2021

Btw there is also (dear) imgui, which is immediate mode GUI that
builds geometry to draw for you, how one would draw it is up to
programmer. It is very popular in game dev because there is very
little setup to get it working.

Source
https://github.com/ocornut/imgui

D bindings with GL3 demo
https://github.com/Superbelko/imgui-d

On Tuesday, 1 June 2021 at 23:50:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Not sure how that relates to Skia? Skia is used in many
> products. If I was to use D for something serious, Skia would
> probably be the first thing I would consider...

Yep, use Skia/Cairo or something like this, don't build your own
full blown 2D engine for every possible graphics API.

I would like to tune my C++ bindings generator to be able to
handle Skia ASAP, but can't tell when it will be possible.