how do i fix this node_dlang error?

NotSpooky zoteman94 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 04:56:27 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 8 June 2021 at 03:04:39 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Tuesday, 8 June 2021 at 00:58:12 UTC, Jack wrote:
>
>> the dll which I was just build with dub command? how I have a
>> version mismatch if they're the very same file?
>
> Electron embeds node and does not use whatever you have on your
> system. So if there’s a mismatch between the embedded version
> and the one you linked against, you can see the error you’re
> seeing.

I don't use Windows often, my bad for incompatibilities there.

I updated Electron, node and DMD. After running

     console.log (process.versions)

in Electron I get:

     {
       node: '14.16.0',
       v8: '9.1.269.28-electron.0',
       uv: '1.40.0',
       zlib: '1.2.11',
       brotli: '1.0.9',
       ares: '1.16.1',
       modules: '89',
       nghttp2: '1.41.0',
       napi: '7',
       llhttp: '2.1.3',
       openssl: '1.1.1',
       icu: '68.1',
       unicode: '13.0',
       electron: '13.1.1',
       chrome: '91.0.4472.77'
     }

So I changed node.lib in node_dlang with the version from
https://nodejs.org/download/release/v14.16.0/win-x64/

However, I get an Error: A dynamic link library (DLL)
initialization routine failed.

So I'll have to check what's happening now. It might be some API
change in Node-API or something spookier.
These days I'm quite busy but will do my best to fix this.