difficulty with rectangular arrays

jfondren julian.fondren at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 08:40:51 UTC 2021

On Friday, 11 June 2021 at 08:30:29 UTC, Moth wrote:
> ```
> class ExampleClass
> {
>     double[6][3] matrix = 0; //fails to compile - "Error:
> cannot implicitly convert expression `0` of type `int` to
> `double[6][3]`"
> }
> ```
>
> evidently i'm doing something wrong here, but i can't
> understand what or why. what's going on? have i misread the
> spec?

The example in the spec is in a function body and you've copied
it to a class body, where the writeln() would also be in error.
I find https://dlang.org/spec/grammar.html quite hard to read
but I imagine there's a state/declaration distinction there,
despite
the code looking the same.

This works:

```d