is there a way to: import something = app-xyz-classes-something; ?

someone someone at somewhere.com
Mon Jun 21 22:41:16 UTC 2021

On Monday, 21 June 2021 at 13:29:59 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> It does work. However, you have to tell the compiler the file
> to compile.
>
> When an import is used, the compiler does 2 stages:
>
> 1. Search through already-seen modules, and see if one matches
> 2. Search the filesystem to find a file that fits the module
> name. For example `std.path` becomes `$INCLUDE_DIR/std/path.d`
>
> So if you provide the file name to the compiler as part of the
> set of files to compile, it should work. e.g:
>
> foo-bar.d:
> ```d
> module foo_bar;
> ```
>
> app.d:
> ```d
> module app;
> import foo_bar;
>
> void main () {}
> ```
>
> compiled like:
>
> ```
> > dmd app.d foo-bar.d
> ```
>
> That being said, I strongly recommend just to name the file the
> same as the module name.
>
> -Steve

Ironically I was already doing this on a shell script carrying
all my source file names and switches for DMD, but since I
started to, I did not retest changing back the names on the file
system to a-b-c. I changed them right now and it works
flawlessly. Issue solved. Thanks for the tip Steve :) !