do I incur a penality on compile time if I explicitly declare default behavior ?

someone someone at somewhere.com
Tue Jun 22 01:10:19 UTC 2021

On Monday, 21 June 2021 at 08:06:06 UTC, frame wrote:

> Even if it would have an impact ...

Furthermore, regardless of the impact, one of the pros of
explicitly coding like this is to help future-portings of the
base code to another language if need so, the team porting the
code won't be required to be knee-deep on the language
whereabouts of the code being ported because the obvious is
already stated in the code itself. The team won't need to know
beforehand that in D everything inside a structure/class is
public by default for variables declared without scope modifiers
etc etc.

But, as a footnote, of course I am thinking the other way around:
just tinkering with the idea of porting things into D and not
away from D :)