Are D classes proper reference types?

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Sun Jun 27 12:34:02 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 27 June 2021 at 12:00:41 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 27 June 2021 at 10:11:44 UTC, kinke wrote:
> Right, but what does all supported C++ runtimes mean? I thought
> LDC was tied to clang, which I guess means two runtimes? If C++
> doesn't use arbitrary negative offsets, then D could use those?

LDC isn't tied to clang at all, we just use the same backend. -
It's libstdc++ and libc++ in the POSIX world (most likely
including MinGW), and MSVC++ for 'native' Windows. Another
difficulty is that TypeInfo_Class instances are generated by the
compiler, and not in the frontend either, meaning that DMD, GDC
and LDC would all need to be adapted.