Are D classes proper reference types?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 06:13:06 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 27 June 2021 at 23:20:38 UTC, Mathias LANG wrote:
> - It locks us in a position where we depend on an external
> committee / implementation to define our ABI.

Well, that could be an issue, but it is not likely to change fast
or frequently so I don't think it is a high risk approach.

> In any case, if you feel like it's worth it @Ola, you could
> start to look into what it takes (druntime/dmd wise) and start
> to submit PR.

There is no point unless there is consensus. You first need to
get consensus otherwise it is means throwing time into the
garbage bin.

> For dlang devs questions, I recommend to use the dlang slack.

I don't have much time for chat, I prefer async communication.