Shared library module system with dub

Pillager86 ismail.ax.2011 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 00:40:06 UTC 2021

What is the correct multi-platform way to build one dub project
as a shared library, and load said shared library in a separate
dub project? So far I am able to load a shared library and run a
function from it (had to extern(C) it to get the symbol to load)
by using "targetType":"dynamicLibrary" in the shared library
project, but the main program exits with code -11 and if I don't
unload the library manually I get a weird "Aborting from
src/rt/sections_elf_shared.d(500) DSO being unregistered isn't
current last one.Program exited with code -6" error that Google
knows nothing about.

I'm trying to add a module system to DMildew because the core
runtime is over 50 MB in the debug build. Libraries would be
written in regular D and optionally dynamically loaded by a
regular D application that links to the core static library (the
DMildew runtime).