D's Continous Changing

matheus matheus at mail.com
Thu Mar 4 06:32:00 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 March 2021 at 05:44:53 UTC, harakim wrote:

Yes it's a problem indeed. I had the same problem and that's
worse when you don't upgrade very often.

But let me tell something, where I work we have software in C#,
do you think that upgrading was smoothly with all the tools that
Microsoft provides?

No it wasn't, and it gets worse with third party components.

So this guy was hired just for that, port a very old code to the
new framework, and after a month he did, yes it compiled
alright... but the software didn't work as expected is some
cases, some controls wasn't acting right and was very unreliable.

Guess what? They are still developing with old framework until
everything works correctly on the new framework.

Matheus.