D's Continous Changing

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:54:37 UTC 2021

On Friday, 5 March 2021 at 03:32:35 UTC, harakim wrote:
> That was pretty sweet. However, it kind of goes to the point of
> my post. A one-revision difference means the documentation is
> not accurate for my compiler.
>
> I'm not saying the language shouldn't evolve, I'm just saying
> it might make sense to keep compatibility changes to every 6
> months or a year. Then you could keep the old documentation
> around for the old version, and create new documentation for
> the new version and no matter which version someone is using
> they would have documentation (within limits.)

The website is *supposed* to keep documentation for old versions
around, and allow you to select them using the drop-down menu at
the top-right:

https://i.imgur.com/ICu9Z7a.png

However, it looks like this feature is currently broken, since
the archived documentation stops at version 2.081. I've filed an
issue in the appropriate repository [1], so hopefully that will
be fixed soon.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/docarchives.dlang.io/issues/1