Is there any generic iteration function that stops at first match?

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 02:26:50 UTC 2021

On Friday, 5 March 2021 at 02:13:39 UTC, Jack wrote:
> something like filter[1] but that stops at first match? are
> there any native functions for this in D or I have to write
> one? just making sure to not reinvent the wheel
>

> [1]: https://devdocs.io/d/std_algorithm_iteration#filter

std.algorithm.searching.find

To summarize.

* filter.front
* find.front
* until
* find

The first two provide you data at the first match, `until`
produces a range exclusive of the first match.

If you just use find it will produce a range that starts at the
first match, unlike filter the range includes everything and not
just the matching data.