Static initialization of associative arrays

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Thu Mar 11 18:06:35 UTC 2021

Hi D

At work I've begun writing programs in D that I would typically
write in python.  My goal is to get away from split python/C
development and just use one language most of the time.  Today I
ran across a situation where an immutable associative array would
be handy. While perusing the language spec I noticed here:

   https://dlang.org/spec/hash-map.html#static_initialization

that this feature is not yet implemented.  So where do I go learn
about the status of a feature?  I'd like to check on the progress
of this particular one.  For now I'll use a 'static if' construct
to ready the array.

As someone with a python background it's nice if I can avoid
extra lines of code for straight forward ideas, but I understand
that switching to faster compiled code doesn't come for free and
some extra boiler-plate will be needed.

By the way I do like that intended features are documented up
front, even if no one's had time to work on them.

Thanks,