Is it possible to suppress standard lib and dlang symbols in dylib (macos)

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 18:35:37 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 17:00:06 UTC, David wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 14:49:32 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:

>>> Of course - but unless I've missed something I don't believe
>>> it works on macos.
>>
>> Hmm, I'm not sure. Have you tried?
>
> Nope the documentation implies it only works on windows so I've
> ruled it out. But the thing I'm trying to solve is suppression
> of symbols in the library.

I see, there might be something similar to .def?
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/reference/module-definition-dot-def-files?redirectedfrom=MSDN&view=msvc-160

Or I guess you could strip it?
https://www.linux.org/docs/man1/strip.html

But I guess you already thought of that and want to not even
generate them in the first place?