Workaround to "import" an exception from a DLL

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 13:17:05 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 14 March 2021 at 12:27:17 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> The problem is that TypeInfo is not shared on Windows, which is
> actually roots deeper in the other problems with "sharing".
> Unfortunately I cannot provide you with details, but this
> situation is well known long standing issue.

It isn't just the typeinfo too, the catch tables are also not
merged.

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/2874

I wrote that like infinity years ago and it hacks some of the
problems but like the typeinfo string compare is not generally
correct and idk how to solve that part without hacking the
compiler too.