rdmd and D equivalent for PYTHONPATH?

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Wed Mar 17 03:43:22 UTC 2021

Hi D

I've writing little test scripts using rdmd to understand what
various functions are really doing (ex: .take(5)).  I'm up to the
point where I need to write sample code to understand
mir-algorithm a little better, but of course the library is not
installed on my system.  So two related questions:

1) After a "git clone" and "dub build" I'm left with
redistributables
    that need to be put ... somewhere. But where?  I tried this:

     cp -r -p source/mir /usr/local/include
     cp -p libmir-algorithm.a /usr/local/lib

    but no joy.  So where can I install libs so that rdmd will find
    them?

2) On a related topic, is there an environment variable I can set
(similar
    to PYTHONPATH, MATLABPATH, IDL_PATH, etc.) or a config file I
can alter
    that will add to the module include path?  I tried:

     #!/usr/bin/env DFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" rdmd

    at the top of the file, but that just hung rdmd and nothing
ran.

Note: I'm aware of dub.  This isn't a question about dub.  I'm
making scripts for local use, not redistributable binaries, so I
would like to "install" mir-algorithm and similar libraries for
my rdmd scripts to use.

Thanks for the help,