rdmd and D equivalent for PYTHONPATH?

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Wed Mar 17 07:13:31 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 06:07:01 UTC, user1234 wrote:

> You can use local a specific local version too, for example the
> git repository
>
>   #!/usr/bin/env dub
>   /+ dub.sdl:
>         dependency "mir-algorithm"
> path="/home/x/repositories/mir/mir-algorithm"
>   +/
>
> In addition with --nodeps, no internet is required.

Very handy example.  Unfortunately it means that paths are
embedded
in scripts, which is usually a bad idea.

I'm still looking for environment variables or config files that
affect
dub's module include path.  Is there dub variable to give a
general path
for all dependencies?  Since dub can read environment variables,
this
may be a way to get a top-level module directory known to scripts
without
hard coding paths.

Also, what do people do when generating .deb or .rpm packages for
libraries?  They must reference some local library path in a
general
fashion (I would think).

The only module paths I see referenced in:

   /etc/dmd.conf

are for phobos and the runtime import.  I guess I could just add
another
one there.  Not sure if gdc also uses that file.