noobie question, dub or meson?

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Thu Mar 18 02:28:56 UTC 2021

Hi D

I've started a D layer for one of my C libraries that's adds some
new functionality and a bit of an interface upgrade.  In turn I'm
using this combined code-base as a dependency for D "scripts".
Since my software is used by a few outside groups in my field, it
seems I should get used to packaging D modules, even if those
packages never make it to the central dub repo.

Given that source code for the combined library is some D but
mostly C, would you recommend that I:

   1) Keep the D sources and C sources in separate projects?
   2) Use meson to create a combined package?
   3) Use dub to create a combined package?
   4) Some other option?

The D code is useless without it's C core, so a dub package that
just includes the D parts would be disappointing.  The library's
not huge, only about 25K lines, but I don't think I have time for
a straight conversion of the whole thing to D at this point.

Thanks for your opinions on the matter,