Windows Console and writing Unicode characters

Brad bjazmoore at outlook.com
Mon Mar 29 02:12:57 UTC 2021

I am new here so I will post this in Learn.

I have been doing a bit of reading on printing unicode characters
in the Windows Console.  Specifically W10 command prompt.  I ran
across a post by Adam Ruppe in a thread created a couple years
ago which links a short bit of code and a quick discussion that
Adam presents on his blog.  Here is a link to the specific reply
I refer to:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/sjsqqhwvlonohvwyqihr@forum.dlang.org

Which points to his Blog post here:
http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2019_11_25.html#unicode

The code snippet works great and does exactly what I want it to
do.  I am just curious - since it works by basically providing a
custom implementation for writeln rather than use the one in
stdout module (package?) that would mean any other functions from
that package I would want to leverage I would need to include by
name.

Would it be acceptable then to maybe rename the custom writeln
functions in my own code to something like uniwriteln and then
include the standard library for other functions I might want to
use?  I am guessing this is not a problem, although I found the
code a little intimidating and was not sure I wanted to play fast
and lose with it...

Thanks