Windows Console and writing Unicode characters

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 13:19:02 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 30 March 2021 at 08:31:02 UTC, Luhrel wrote:
> I have been used this trick in C++, so it might also work in D:

If you follow through the link that's what I mention as being a
bad idea and provide the code given as a more correct alternative.

It changes a global (well to the console) setting that persists
after your program terminates, which can break other programs
later, it can trigger font changes, and it doesn't actually
always work anyway.

You're much better off calling the correct functions.