How do you compile DMD on Windows?

Blatnik blatblatnik at gmail.com
Sat May 1 23:49:49 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 1 May 2021 at 23:07:35 UTC, MoonlightSentinel wrote:
> You probably need to update the VS paths to match your local
> installation, Microsoft apparently changed their directory
> layout a few years ago AFAICT.

Thanks for the tip. I think I managed to get it to work..

So not only did I have to change the compiler tools path, but
also the path to the dmd I compiled earlier. And also there was a
"*" in front of the compile command for some reason which made
the whole thing not work. Every command actually has that in
front of it for some reason...

```
unittest: $(SRCS) $(DRUNTIME)
   *"$(DMD)" $(UDFLAGS) ...
```

----->

```
unittest: $(SRCS) $(DRUNTIME)
   "$(DMD)" $(UDFLAGS) ...
```

Whatever, that was very needlessly painful... build systems are
terrible things.

Here's hoping that phobos isn't as annoying >.>