SDL2 Android vulkan question

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 16:42:07 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 16:06:10 UTC, Danny Arends wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 12:35:51 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>> As for SDL2, are you sure it was built with Vulkan support?
>
> That's the thing I worry about, since the SDL2 libraries are
> locally build using android studio and I'm kind of a noob in
> that.

Ok, since this is potentially the case, just to clarify, building
C/C++ with CMake for Android these days is basically one extra
parameter pointing to CMake toolchain file in your local NDK
location when configuring your build.

https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/cmake#file

(from the docs)
```
$ cmake \

-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=$NDK/build/cmake/android.toolchain.cmake \
     -DANDROID_ABI=$ABI \
     -DANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL=$MINSDKVERSION \
     $OTHER_ARGS

```

Then I would probably use gradle for the rest of the process to
produce apk, including copy libraries step.