How to use dub with our own package

Christian Köstlin christian.koestlin at gmail.com
Wed May 12 18:26:39 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-12 15:37, Vinod K Chandran wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am creating a hobby project related with win api gui functions. i
> would like to work with dub. But How do I use dub in my project.
> 1. All my gui library modules are located in a folder named "winglib".
> 2. And that folder also conatains a d file called "package.d"
> 3. "package.d" contains all the public imports.
> 4. Outside this winglib folder, I have my main file called "app.d"
> 5. "app.d" imports "winglib".
> So in this setup, how do I use dub ? Thanks in advance.
Are you really interested in doing winglib as a separate dub package?
If not you could just do a `dub init yourappname` which gives you the
basic skeleton. something like:

.
├── dub.sdl
└── source
     └── app.d

then you replace app.d with your file + put your winglib with package.d
into a subfolder under source ->

.
├── dub.sdl
└── source
     ├── app.d
     └── winglib
         ├── othermodule.d
         └── package.d

then a dub build will just build your project including the submodules ...

if you need a separate dub package then the other answers lead the way.
https://dub.pm/commandline.html#add-local