Recommendations on avoiding range pipeline type hell

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun May 16 23:52:06 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 16 May 2021 at 22:17:16 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
> It seems there's a broken symmetry in compiler error reporting
> for the following, ostensibly identical, cases:

Oh yes, I completely agree with you.

Sometimes error messages even use the name but it is from a
different module so it is like

"cannot assign Color to Color"

but one of them is from arsd.color and one is from
std.experimental.color... it just wouldn't tell you that. (I
think this has been fixed btw)

so yeah same thing here, it should at least check if str1 ==
str2, show more info.