Recommendations on avoiding range pipeline type hell

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Mon May 17 02:47:31 UTC 2021

On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 00:27:01 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
> On Sunday, 16 May 2021 at 23:52:06 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>
> I've opened a PR (https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/12526) with
> a super hacked together proof-of-concept.
>
> As I say in the PR I don't know if I'm actually capable of
> pushing it forward if the idea gets accepted, but I've decided
> to at least try to see if this kind of thing is even palatable
> to the compiler devs.

Wow!  That's good news. Thanks!

Here's hoping that future versions of dmd do a bit more
whitespace formatting of error messages.  The current
undifferentiated text walls are an early low quality user
experience that can drive people away before they are invested in
the language.

---
A final note on the initial problem that started this thread:
My overall my program works now.  (None too soon, management
meeting is tomorrow)  To solve my previous Type Hell(tm) problems
I've found that `std.range.interfaces` is my new best friend.