State of D for webassembly

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon May 17 20:58:03 UTC 2021

On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 20:38:12 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
> What is the general state of support for GC dependent D-code
> running as webassembly?  If the runtime is not ready that's
> okay, just wanted to inquire about the state of things.

There is a partial port of full runtime but it is still alpha
level. A couple people have tried it and there's various bugs
they worked through but some remained.

I wouldn't recommend using it at this time unless you're prepared
to do some specific webassembly hacks and maybe dive into the
druntime a bit yourself.

on the other hand if you are willing to dive in yourself a bit,
you totally can make it work.

I have a little website where I compiled some of my games to
webasm:

http://webassembly.arsdnet.net/

http://webassembly.arsdnet.net/tetris

I did it with a custom runtime and a specialized port of my
relevant D libraries.