ugly and/or useless features in the language.

sighoya sighoya at gmail.com
Sat May 22 17:32:34 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 22 May 2021 at 13:31:45 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
>The D AST is not really suitable as it stands.

>D is a bit like C++ in this regard, there might be a minimal
>core language that could be distilled from it, but it would take
>a D3 full breaking change to get there, so it won't happen.

Well, I think D without templates is already a lightweight core
language. The real cost comes with the template language.

But I think providing an external ast tree mapped onto the
changing internal one used by DMD would be a feasible approach.