Compiler version "dirty"

Norm norm.rowtree at gmail.com
Sat May 22 23:30:31 UTC 2021

On Monday, 8 March 2021 at 22:29:58 UTC, Q. Schroll wrote:
> When I enter `dmd --version`, it says:
>   DMD64 D Compiler v2.095.1-dirty
> What should the "dirty" mean? To me, it seems looks something
> went wrong somewhere.

This comes from `git describe --dirty` and indicates there were
uncommitted changes in the repo when the release was built. This
would raise red flags if seen in a commercial setting and looks a
bit unprofessional but it is most likely harmless. Probably one
of the build scripts or unittests are polluting the repo.