DUB doesn't seem to respect my config, am I doing something wrong?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun May 23 04:56:18 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 22 May 2021 at 20:28:56 UTC, rempas wrote:

> I'm compiling using `dub --config=development` and I'm getting
> the following line: `Performing "debug" build using
> /usr/bin/dmd for x86_64`. The same exactly happens when I'm
> trying to do the release config. If I disable the `targetType`
> option, it seems that it's creating a library and I can also
> manually change the compiler and the build-type so I don't know
> what's going on....

I just looked in the dub documentation for "build" and "compiler"
entries, which I had never heard of, and I see none now. As
Jordan said, those have always been configured on the command
line. Did you perhaps see something about those somewhere else?

FYI, the first configuration you define is always the default, so
you don't need to specify it on the command line unless you
really want to.