coreutils with D trials, wc, binary vs well formed utf

btiffin btiffin at myopera.com
Tue May 25 01:39:30 UTC 2021

Thanks for these hints.

I'm new here, but not so much to programming.  Been following D
since, well 2007 or 8.  Awaiting the GCCing to gel.  Nice.  Still
a little rough on Ubuntu 18.04, dub package seems to want ldc and
dmd from dlang borks with a segfault in start (which is probably
a my end problem and linker searches).  The pkg-config settings
pass -L-l, and I'm not sure gdc is overly friendly with that.
gtkD in Ubuntu is smoother with ldc too, but tis ok.  Choice is
good, and having three installations is still pretty easy to
explore.

Looking forward to more bragging about D.  An early integration
trial with GnuCOBOL (2015ish) looked promising.  New ease of use
is making that even more promising.

And a note to contributors.  Nicely done.  With some 10 million
programmers, and what? 750 million excel macro writers assuming a
life time average of a line of code an hour for professional
programmers, we live in a field that evolves at 4ish million
hours an hour.  Nice to see how a few of those hours can really
make a difference.

Have good.