wanting to try a GUI toolkit: needing some advice on which one to choose

someone someone at somewhere.com
Sat May 29 01:16:20 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 27 May 2021 at 17:04:07 UTC, Alain De Vos wrote:
> Let's also not forget other languages have problems with
> gui-toolkits.
> For instance, gtk-ada binding has memory leaks. gtk-crystal
> binding is broken.
> I would like to see a binding to wxwidgets which is a very cool
> toolkit.

It seems to me the bindings are the symptoms and not the causes:
the problem, to my humble opinion, is that for whatever reasons,
we have a **lot** of toolkits trying to reinvent powder over and
over. In Windows/Mac there's no problem since more-or-less they
have standard controls, and anyone not using them is because they
bypass them pursuing multi-platform support. In the nixes is more
complicated since there were never standard/unified
controls/guidelines. There are people who thinks diversity is a
plus and there others stating standardization is the way forward.
Like it or not, that is we have on the nixes.