Completing C code with D style

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 21:59:28 UTC 2021

On 11/3/21 11:41 AM, Stanislav Blinov wrote:

 > And Ali... associative arrays? For this? What are you trying to teach
 > the good beginner here? :D

Obviously, we're all enjoying this thread but once the OP made it clear
that they wanted a C-like solution, I took some liberty with alternative
solutions. :)

I think even in production code I would implement something similar at
least to keep selection characters like 'n' together with their long
forms like "negative".

I might use linear searching instead of an assoiative array (or store
the assoiative arrays for later use, which I did think about before
posting it). But, considering they are generated when interacting with
stdin, likely fed by a human, the time loss there is zero. :)

Ali