Cannot compile C file using ImportC

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Wed Nov 10 17:38:12 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 10 November 2021 at 15:04:35 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:

> I'm using the downloaded LDC2 for aarch64.
>
> But I'm not building tomld.c that you created, I'm building the
> reduced example (that I posted).

How? What's the difference in your example? How you preprocessed
and compiled?

> That is an interesting situation -- you have D errors being
> applied to C code. I think those should be disabled, otherwise,
> you will have to change all your C code, and it's more like
> portC than importC.
>
> I'd suggest filing all these as issues. If importC is to be
> successful it has to build existing C projects.
>
> -Steve

I did! I personally believe that ImportC is the last and only
chance for D. More and more people seem to abandon D libraries so
more people leave and less people are coming because of that. At
the same time because there are not a lot of people, there are
not a lot of libraries and more get abandoned. It's actually a
cycle. ImportC can be a true game changer!!!