Cannot compile C file using ImportC

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 02:03:22 UTC 2021

On 11/10/21 12:38 PM, rempas wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 November 2021 at 15:04:35 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>
>> I'm using the downloaded LDC2 for aarch64.
>>
>> But I'm not building tomld.c that you created, I'm building the
>> reduced example (that I posted).
>
> How? What's the difference in your example? How you preprocessed and
> compiled?

I did none of that. My example is the lines you had problems with, and
only enough to make that error show up. It's just those 3 lines.

> I did! I personally believe that ImportC is the last and only chance for
> D. More and more people seem to abandon D libraries so more people leave
> and less people are coming because of that. At the same time because
> there are not a lot of people, there are not a lot of libraries and more
> get abandoned. It's actually a cycle. ImportC can be a true game changer!!!

I don't think ImportC is that much of a game changer (you can already
make C bindings with quite a small effort, and there are tools to get
you 90% there), but a broken/not working ImportC will be a huge drawback
to the language, so it's important to get it right.

-Steve