Completing C code with D style

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 21:13:03 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 11 November 2021 at 00:11:07 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> It depends on what you're doing. In the OP's example, yeah
> worrying about allocations is totally blowing things out of
> proportions.

But that's the thing. How would one ever learn to know where that
dividing line is if all the learning material they see teaches
them the opposite - to not know or care?

'Twas a simple task: traverse an array and print numbers out of
it based on a predicate. That is all the original program did.
How does doing (LOTS) more than that make any of it easier to
understand, let alone equivalent to execute?

forkit says: "if I was writing millions of processes across 1000s
of servers..." No. Just... no. If I've only ever written
"convenient" pessimized code, I won't magically start lighting up
those wasted transistors just because I got a new job. I'll just
be writing the same "convenient" pessimized code, only it would
now span 1000s of servers. Which is the exact effing situation
that we're in already!