How to use dmd code coverage

foxit foxit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 23:51:42 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 11 November 2021 at 22:35:21 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 November 2021 at 21:40:33 UTC, Ali Çehreli
> wrote:
>> On 11/11/21 1:37 PM, forkit wrote:
>>> dmd test.d -cov
>>>
>>> ...but no .lst file anywhere to be found. Huh! I don't get it.
>>>

>> Please run the program! :)
>>
>> Ali
>
> oh! that kinda makes sense, now that I think of it ;-)

Actually, the reason I got soooooo confused is clear to me now.

I have my own GUI IDE, which I wrote myself (winforms/C#) cause I
got so fed up with creating/saving files everytime I just wanted
to play with some code.

I can use 10 different languages in it...so far.

Basically, my IDE means I never need to create/save files
manually, I can just write|compile|run (although it has save/open
feature too ;-)

Unfortunately, it redirecs output of the .exe > somefile.txt (and
my IDE reads that file back into a textbox within my IDE to
display the results). I never see or use a command prompt).

This redirection meant no .lst file was ever created, hence I
could not find it.

I spent an hour on this! Was so confusing.

I know of no solution to this.

Basically means I can't use my IDE when I use -cov

.. back to the command prompt :-(