Completing C code with D style

foxit foxit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 01:33:53 UTC 2021

On Friday, 12 November 2021 at 01:05:15 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 November 2021 at 22:10:04 UTC, forkit wrote:
>
>> It's called 'staged learning'.
>>
>> Staged learning is the only way for humans to learn, due to
>> the limitations of the human cognitive system. Specifically,
>> the way short-term memory and long-term memory facilitate
>> learning.
>>
>> Those who lack this understanding of how humans learn, tend to
>> throw too much at novices.
>
> Like making a simple program do a bunch of extra work for
> literally no reason?

I think what you're missing here, is that this thread was about
how to bring some C code into D, and do it some kinda 'D style'.

But this thread clearly demonstrates, there is no 'D style'.

Stop being so combative ;-)  let people be creative first,
performance oriented second (or third.. or .....).

If we all wrote code the same way, we'd likely all be thinking
the same way... and that would not be good.

If people want code that looks the same as everyone elses, and
forces you to think in the same way as everyone else, they can go
use Go  ;-)