using __traits to get line number of a member

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 07:00:13 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 13 November 2021 at 06:05:37 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 November 2021 at 05:31:51 UTC, forkit wrote:
>> Code below is self explanatory.
>>
>> Any assistance on how to get the line number is welcome ;-)
>
> https://dlang.org/spec/traits.html#getLocation
>
> That?

Thanks. That seems to be the one, except:

writeln(__traits(getLocation, m)[1]); // nope. writes the line
no. of the foreach loop

writeln(__traits(getLocation, myClass)[1]); // yes, but I have to
provide the name manually here, which i would not know.

I would have thought m referred to myClass at this point in the
loop. But that doesn't seem to be the case.