Better debugging?

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:26:15 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 3 October 2021 at 22:21:45 UTC, Tim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently using GDB within VScode with the -gc DMD2
> compiler switch and my debugging is not amazing. Whenever I
> inspect a struct/object it just shows me the pointer rather
> than the object information and strings come up as a gross
> array of the characters. Does anybody happen to know whether
> LDB is better or how I can have a nicer debug environment?
>
> Thanks in advance

You don't say which operating system you are using.
I usually use Visual D which works great imo.

If I use vscode I use the C++ debug extension (don't remember
what it's called).

If I debug outside of the IDE I use WinDbg, also has source debug
support if configured correctly.

If you are on Linux I'm not sure, but I would go for the C++
thing probably.