How to check if value is null, today?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 13:59:01 UTC 2021

On 10/15/21 6:39 AM, tastyminerals wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 October 2021 at 12:43:36 UTC, jfondren wrote:

>> Do you have a complete example? Because this runs without error:

> Steven Schveighoffer was correct, the error was caused by non explicit
> `someVar;` which had to be changed to `someVar.get;`.

As a note for future reference, as jfondren says it's always good to
post the exact code that is failing, better yet a complete example we
can run. Often times people (including myself and many long-time users)
come here puzzled about some message, but we have focused our brain on
something that we think is causing the problem, but it isn't. Just
posting that small piece brings us into your focused confusion instead
of really looking at the big picture ;)

-Steve