Can we use "ImportC" used yet?

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Sat Oct 16 08:19:41 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 16 October 2021 at 07:09:16 UTC, jfondren wrote:

> This test_og.c works (while obviously breaking some bswap
> functions):

I don't know if I should have known that but what is "bswap"?

> It would be less annoying to compile the original test_og.o
> with gcc and then link it in.

If I understand correctly you mean compile the original file with
gcc (`gcc test_og.c -o test_og.o`) and then link it with DMD
(`dmd test.d test_og.o`)? Then what's the point of doing that?
Isn't this how we did that all this time and why ImportC was
created so we don't have to manually do the bindings? I'm
confused...