Dub failing to use the linker correctly.

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 22:04:24 UTC 2021

On 10/22/21 5:21 PM, jfondren wrote:
> On Friday, 22 October 2021 at 19:56:37 UTC, Ruby The Roobster wrote:
>> I have a simple vibe-d project built with dub.  Running the command,
>> dub build --force returns the following output:
>
> I'd start by running `dub -v build --force` instead, to see the exact
> commands that dub is running.

Note that dub -v does not tell you what DMD passes to the linker. I've
complained about this before, but I think on discord/slack.

The way you have to see the linker commands is use dub -v to get the
link command (which calls dmd), and then copy/paste that command adding
the -v flag. Which doesn't always work, since dub will sometimes use
temporary files/directories.

-Steve