Possible runtime bug in preprocessing of command line arguments passed to the D main

Brian Callahan bcallah at openbsd.org
Sun Oct 24 14:54:37 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 14:38:44 UTC, jfondren wrote:

> With nothing to the contrary, I'd take "must be terminated by a
> null pointer" as "can't itself be a null pointer".

The execve(2) is more explicit:
"The argument argv is a pointer to a null-terminated array of
character pointers to NUL-terminated character strings. These
strings construct the argument list to be made available to the
new process. At least one non-null argument must be present in
the array; by custom, the first element should be the name of the
executed program (for example, the last component of path)."