Error: Could not open 'libcmt.lib'

Willem willem at matimba.com
Mon Oct 25 14:43:06 UTC 2021

Just starting out new with D.  Up until now I have been using
Python and a bit of OCaml.

Error when linking: "lld-link: error: could not open
'libcmt.lib': no such file or directory"

What I did:  I installed the complete D setup in my Windows 10 PC
-- including VS 2019.

 From the command line "C:\D\dmd2vars64.bat" I was able to
creating a simple program with "dub init hello"

When executing it with "dub run hello" I get following error:

"lld-link: error: could not open 'libcmt.lib': no such file or
directory"

However -- running "dub run --arch=x86" did work

dmd --version
DMD64 D Compiler v2.098.0-dirty

dub --version
DUB version 1.27.0, built on Oct 10 2021

Searching the forum it appear to be related to MS runtimes... but
I have not yet been able to resolve it. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.