Dustmite and linking error

JG JG at somewhere.com
Sat Sep 4 06:18:52 UTC 2021

On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 19:56:30 UTC, JG wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 17:56:54 UTC, Vladimir
> Panteleev wrote:
>> On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 11:20:18 UTC, Vladimir
>> Panteleev wrote:
>>> One way to get a very rough estimate is to take the square of
>>> the current reduction (.reduced directory), and divide it by
>>> the square of the original source.
>>
>> I meant the square of the size of the respective directory.
>> (bytes / LOC / SLOC...)

>> If you are still on the first iteration, you may also try
>> switching to the "careful" strategy.
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> I stopped dustMite and realized I must have done something
> wrong since the reduced test case doesn't reproduce the problem.
>
> I would really like to try and produce a reduced test case of
> this problem. However having spent three or four hours trying
> to figure out what I am doing wrong I think I will have to stop
> at this point.

I tried again. What am I doing wrong?

cp source ~/tmp/source
cd ~/tmp/source
dub build --config prog1 2>&1 | grep "collect2: error: ld
returned 1 exit status"
echo $? #produces 0
find . -name *.o -delete
~/d/DustMite/dustmite -j ./ 'dub build --config prog1 2>&1 | grep
"collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status"'
cd ../source.reduced
dub build --config prog1 2>&1 | grep "collect2: error: ld
returned 1 exit status"
echo $? #produces 1