Dustmite and linking error

JG JG at somewhere.com
Sat Sep 4 08:19:53 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 4 September 2021 at 08:05:16 UTC, JG wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 September 2021 at 07:40:07 UTC, Vladimir
> Panteleev wrote:
>> On Saturday, 4 September 2021 at 07:38:34 UTC, Andre Pany
>> wrote:
>>> The Dustmite condition you are using seems very generic,
>>> therefore this error message can be triggered by various code
>>> constellations. This might be the reasons why Dustmite is
>>> running so long.
>>
>> Overly generic test conditions would be more likely to cause
>> DustMite to finish very quickly (and produce the wrong
>> result), rather than the other way around.
>
> In the end I did the reduction by hand and discovered that the
> problem is that the behaviour of dub changed. It seems to now
> exclude the mainSourceFile of other configurations in the build
> (which I guess shouldn't matter) except we had an old
> configuration which after some renaming had a wrong
> mainSourceFile which was needed for the build of the
> configuration in question.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.

As a small comment regarding dub. I can't help wondering if it
really the best idea for each configuration to include everything
by default and then have to exclude things? This means that when
you add another configuration and source files for it you very
often have to modify all other existing ones. If instead you
choose what to include this wouldn't happen. Wild cards support
could be added for included files to make projects with a single
configuration just as simple as now. Just some thoughts. (I feel
the same way regarding gitignore, I would rather have the
opposite.)