Piping from terminal into D program

Виталий Фадеев vital.fadeev at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 07:00:51 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 4 September 2021 at 15:41:51 UTC, eXodiquas wrote:

> My question is now, can someone explain what I am doing wrong?
> Maybe I misunderstood the pipe in Linux systems and it is
> obvious for someone who knows how this works exactly, or maybe
> D works differently with pipes and I havn't found the correct
> documentation.
>
> eXodiquas

Of course, pipe ( | ./nounscramble ) is not args ( ./nounscramble
arg1 arg2 ).

Pipe
`stdin -> ( read buf -> write buf ) -> stdout`

Args
`main( args ) -> write arg1, arg2 -> stdout`

Check the D std.stdio. https://dlang.org/phobos/std_stdio.html
Check the shell tool `xargs`. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xargs