Curious effect with traits, meta, and a foreach loop ... mystifies me.

james.p.leblanc james.p.leblanc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 03:03:32 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 9 September 2021 at 05:37:35 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 September 2021 at 05:32:29 UTC, Tejas wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 7 September 2021 at 17:47:15 UTC, james.p.leblanc
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
  writeln(&buffer[0]);
>>     scope(exit) AlignedMallocator.instance.deallocate(buffer);
>>     //...
>>

>> }
>> ```
>>
>> Is this it?
>
> Also, link :
> https://dlang.org/phobos/std_experimental_allocator_mallocator.html#.Mallocator.reallocate

Adam, Tejas,

Thanks for all of your kind suggestions (the struct wrapper
-as_array, runtime switch), and (AlignedMallocator).

All of these move me closer to a solution.  Moreover, the
suggestions give me
a broader perspective.  So I very much appreciate the time and
effort volunteered
by the dlang community to help newcomers such as myself.

Best Regards,
James