GDC - program runs in one thread, DMD - in 4 threads, why?

eugene dee0xeed at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:16:20 UTC 2021

On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 12:59:08 UTC, bauss wrote:
> It's just used to speed-up the GC.

Yeah, I got the point, but to be absolutely honest,
I (>20 years of C coding) do not like GC as such.
I believe manual free() is not that 'hard'.
And one must still release other resources.
(in C I write just close(fd), in D I write client.destroy() -
in both cases I have to do this manually,
if that fd was obtained in absolutely another scope)

Yes, I know, I can do without GC in D, just did not tried yet
(started learning D two months ago or so)

And again - I've chosen D (not Rust), because
'borrow checker' and especially 'explicit lifetimes'
is a nightmare :) - i would rather accept GC.